Sunday, October 31, 2010

SMKTAAC Sports Carnival






SMKTAAC Sports Carnival

Another school event before we close this chapter of school year. After this we’ll be busy with major exams; SPM and STPM. So to my students who’ll be sitting for these major exams, best of luck, peeps! Hope you do well and be great people someday.
Anyways, yesterday our school held a sports carnival to make use of the school replacement on Saturday. Students represented their sports houses to compete in various games; football, netball, volleyball, ping pong and handball.
The one thing I wish I was good at – SPORTS. Unfortunately, I am such an embarrassment on the field, in any event for that matter. I would love to do sports, but never competitively, just for fun and away from the eyes of guys who will laugh at me. Back in school I enjoyed volleyball when I was in form 1 but that was only limited to PE classes when it just all us girls who are more or less had the same sporting ability.
I also remember accompanying Fadilla to MSSD football match because she wanted to support her heart throb. Haha, this will definitely bring back memories from school and we’d now laugh it off. How silly girls were in school. I didn’t have my eyes on anyone in the school team but I did enjoy the occasional tournaments after the year end exams when my heart throb played on the field. There’s nothing hotter than a guy on the field all sweaty and the hair gets a bit dishevelled. Back then I used to hang out with my girl friends and watched the boys played but when my heart throb walked by, I just smiled and said Hi! Hehe…Little did he know I was there just to see him play but of course I played it cool as if I was there for fun. It was quite cute to see some couples back then in school. The girl would wait for the boy, hand him his towel and water tumbler, as well as his backpack. In the school I’m teaching now, students would be pretty much dead if such scene is seen by the teachers. Here, puppy love is taken as a dangerous warning sign. I prefer not to partake in this issue as I myself had had my share of puppy love stories and crushes in school. They’re all harmless to me.
Enough about my school days, let’s get back on track about yesterday. I was in charge of ping pong – boring…I went to the school hall and everything was already in place, thanks to lower 6 students. The game already started and I sat near the girls and tried in vain to understand ping pong. It took quite a while for my slow brain processing to comprehend the point system, but it was getting pretty boring until the state player took the bat into her hands. The pace began to pick up, it was quite fun!
During the break, I made my way to the volleyball court where the fun is. Most people were there perhaps because there isn’t a suitable place to sit at the field to watch football. When I got there the girls were playing, so it wasn’t very heated. Later the boys took over the court and then only we felt the excitement. We were all ooohhh…and ahhh…and yeah…and wah!!! I’d make the best cheerleader I think, not the player. So, if you need someone to accompany you to your futsal game, tennis or badminton match, or even golf? Wait, people are not allowed to make noise at golf tournaments, so that ain’t exciting. Huhu…At 10ish suddenly an announcement was made asking us to go back at 11. Well, that’s early. Apparently it’s the administrator’s instruction and we’re still puzzled as to why we were asked to go back. Rumour has it KPM is going to give us that extra holiday for Raya Haji and we need not replace that holiday. Is that true? I don’t know…but hey, we get to go back early, so that’s real good. I’m now counting down days to go back for year end holidays, but I need to do a bit of going back and forth during the SPM and STPM examination to ‘babysit’ the hostel students who’ll be sitting for the exams. DANG! After that, marking…although dreadful, I always think of the invaluable knowledge gained and the good money :)

No comments:

Post a Comment