Sunday, October 17, 2010

Cita-cita Saya


"Bella, bila dah besar awak nak jadi apa?"
"Bila dah besar...saya nak...kahwin dgn Tan Sri cikgu,"
"Kahwin dgn Tan Sri tu bukan cita-cita Bella,"
"Tak dapat Tan Sri, Dato' pun boleh cikgu,"
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA - The best lines from Pisau Cukur.

"I nak memancing la...ada ikan besar tak kat sini?" - Bella all grown up...

And coincides with my conversation with our family dentist today.

"You don't have boyfriend?"
"No..."
"Never mind, after this you can open your Big,big eyes for big,big fish"
"Hahaha, dunno la doctor"
"Find big,big fish...so you don't need to susah-susah...it's so that you can live a comfortable life. Who wants to work so hard for so long..."

And after my brother's wedding the pressure is ON. Question about marriage will come from every different angle and direction. How do I avert them, what defenses can I put so as to avoid them or rather what should I say to intelligently handle this situation? Having turned down my grandma's proposition to match-make me, my grandma and an aunt from my dad's side are of the impression that I have a boy friend. So, where do I get this boy friend I supposedly have? This still remains a question mark. I'm just not quite lucky in love, perhaps...okay,okay, let's look at the glass half full, the time hasn't arrived yet...there will be a special someone.

This piece of writing lack cohesion. I'm so jumping all over the place. Anyways, the reason why I included the lines above is because I'd like to prove this question, "Are we women, all about the ka-chings?" There's always two arguments behind this question. You can either be a romantic or a practical person. Let's see...
Practical: Love is secondary. We need to live on money because even though money is not everything but everything needs money. So, love can be nurtured. It's very easy for women to fall in live with men but not the opposite. - Is this true?
Romantic: Love is everything. Love makes the world go round and life without love is nothing. - Or could this be right?

What do I think?
I am known as a romantic. I am a sucker for romance movies and always love a happy ending. But I also know that money doesn't grow on love, and everything is expensive. If I were to put it all down...let's look through my needs list:
- I need a roof above my head which is not made of zink or nipah. Just a decent looking home, an apartment would look neat too...but I prefer landed property because I like entertaining guests and I would like to have family members to my house. So a bigger house would be more comfortable.
- Car? As long as the air-cond works and it gets me to where I need to go and I only can drive auto, not by preference but ability.
- Money. I do have my own career and I need someone with a career as well, hopefully someone more successful than me and perhaps of a different field.
- Family. VERY IMPORTANT.
- Time. I need someone who has time for me. It's not too much to ask, if I am a wife, that's like my right, right?
- Laughter, Love & Affection. Need I say more? :)
- Compatibility: Emotionally and intellectually

That's a very short list of needs, right? I'm not hard to please...Let's run through my wants list:
- Travelling: I like seeing different places, not necessarily big cities or developed nations. My purpose in travelling is to learn about different culture and seeing it up close and personal. Plus, I also like trying various types of food and also shopping.
- Shopping: Every now and then - not always, I indulge myself with a bit of shopping but I know for a fact I AM NOT A SHOPAHOLIC.
- Cool gadgets - laptop, hand phone and camera
- Facial retreats, sometimes spa and nice make up
- Designer shoes and handbags? HAHA. Not really...well, maybe 1 handbag and a pair of shoes would do just fine...

Since now I am thinking long and hard of what else I want, I believe the list is right about enough. Oh, suddenly nice home furnishing pops in my head. What else, Aida...? Hmm, that's it.

So, do I need or want a millionaire? Nah...What I need is exactly as written in my needs list. That's all. Big fish? Like Bapak said, "Big fish is very risky, it can eat you up!" I like Bapak's style, nice one Bapak. I'll remember that.

O Romeo, Romeo, wherefore art thou Romeo?

No comments:

Post a Comment