Tuesday, October 5, 2010

The Game Plan

Yesterday, I bumped into a teacher who used to teach in SMK Sri Rahmat, the school I did my practicum teaching. She recently got transferred to SMK TTDI Jaya in Shah Alam. She is from Shah Alam and was posted to JB, if I’m not mistaken in January 2009 or mid-2008. So, it took quite a while for her to get transferred to her hometown. According to a very trusted source, a teacher’s transfer is ultimately in the hands of the school principal who will personally submit your online application as well as write his or her recommendation, as in whether or not you are recommended for this transfer. So, if the place you are about to exit closes its door on your face, you’re pretty much stuck where you are.
Based on the information I’ve gathered from a few people, I’ve derived a so-called game plan so I could go back. Note that this is just an idea, not a clear cut plan because you can only plan so much, right? Ultimately, Allah decides. But just for the fun of it and the sake of this entry and some spark of motivation, I’m going to write down what I think anyways. Please, just bear with it. Here goes:
1. Wait another 2 years because my boss promised 3 years in the first school, I’ve done 1 so 2 more.
2. Get married (HAHAHA) slightly before the 2 years end. This is what happened to the teacher in Sri Rahmat. She got married sometime August last year. She tried for transfer end of last year but it was unsuccessful so she tried again June this year and now she’s teaching in Shah Alam. Still, the couple had to be separated for a while before they could be together. So perhaps if I get engaged before that 2 years end and then get married shortly after, I could submit my transfer then and that would make me ‘mature’ enough in this school to be released.
3.Persevere, persevere, persevere.
4.Patience, patience, patience.
5.Contribute, contribute, contribute.
6.Live, love and have lots of fun.
7.Make friends and not enemies – EVER!
8.Find my soul mate, who’d love me and commit :)
9.Start masters once you get transferred
10.Teach, study and be a wife and insyaAllah mom all at the same time – Can I? YES, I CAN

To be honest, I like the school I’m teaching now. I especially love the camaraderie spirit and warm hospitality from the teachers. It’s only in this school have I experienced Isra’ Mikraj celebration so huge and auspicious it made me felt less homesick then. I also love quite a number of students who always listen to me,respect me and in fact admires me. I also know there are people who do not quite like the attention I’m somewhat getting. I don’t think I’m boasting because to tell you the truth I’m not used to this either. I’m not used to people thinking I’m pretty or smart. Somehow I was quite overwhelmed by everything. Nonetheless, work is work. I try to always be professional. I try my level best to be nice to all, perhaps with the exception of one person. But then again, I’m not hostile towards her. What I’m trying to say is, my wanting to transfer is not due to my inability to adapt, and definitely not because I can’t adjust in the environment here. I don’t hate anything about this place. I’ve taken a lot of liking towards this place actually. However, the saying "there’s no place like home" is definitely true in every sense. It’s the only way to explain how I feel. I have missed a couple of years being at home as I was in JB before this, and I was miserable for many years. Due to that misery I missed having fun with many friends. I was too absorbed in my own miserable world – I was not myself. So, if I could stay at home I could have more bonding sessions with my family and friends, I could perhaps have a gym membership and hit the gym with Fad and Shaela, I could have more fun. But life isn’t about fun all the time, especially when you’re just starting out. Aida, work on number 3-7 first before number 8 eventually comes. Hope number 8 will be a good man for me. Will love me like he loves his family and also love my family. Someone who has my best interest at heart at all times and will never forsake me. Amen. Is that too much to ask? I'm not high maintenance, I'm not really demanding, small gestures and thoughtful acts make me happy. That's about it. Of course he's got to be a responsible man, religious in a way, and has a stable career. Okay, I shall end this entry here before it turns out to be an essay about My Ideal Man. (LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment