Saturday, October 16, 2010

Embracing little pleasures

I'm home this week as it's the last weekend I have with my parents before they depart for the Holy land to perform Haj. Alhamdulillah...all my best wishes and prayers to both of them. May this ibadah, not merely a visit, but an obligation, bring them closer to God and betterment in every aspect of their life. I love them so much, like words can't describe just how grateful I am to be their daughter and be raised by them. I hope people would say that they raised a good person. InsyaAllah. I hope they are given strength, perseverance and health to perform this obligation and be given satisfaction when the ibadah is completed. Amin.
Today, once I disembarked from the bus and headed on to the LRT, I managed to make last minute plans to meet up Fad, Shaels and Aimi! Yes, the Aimi - the smartest among us. The one with Dr. in front of her name, the one working in Ireland. It has been too long, and she hasn't changed a bit! Still the same slim figure, perhaps only a tad more mature than she used to be, not in a bad way, just enough to qualify her as a successful and beautiful career woman. She must be one heck of a doctor, that woman! I'm always proud of my friends. Hope she continues to do great in her career and bags herself a good husband along the way. Aimi, hmm...she really needs to get someone smart and sweet because that will complement her somewhat stern personality. Of course he must be smart because Aimi needs that intellectual compatibility to spice the relationship. Huhu, as if I know so much! Our dessert plus my quench for savoury food later prolonged to a bit of McD's in Mid Valley where Sab later joined us. Although she was feeling a bit under the weather, as her description, "My stomach is like a washing machine!", she couldn't resist the temptation to have an awesome good time with us! We create our cute scenes everywhere we go. HAHA, but perhaps others would call it noise. Sometimes I wonder, will this still go on when we are all married and have kids? Hmm...these are the people I want to keep in my life if possible forever.
After that I grabbed a few books, you know, to keep me sane and just so I don't lose my English. I hope I'll finish them all. I've bought about 7 books this year and how many have I managed to finish? HAHA. I'm too embarrassed to reveal the amount. Anyways, tomorrow will be family time. We'll be heading to Sg. Ramal, Kajang for Zahir Zharif's majlis turun tanah, because he's already started to crawl. Time flies, kids grow up and before I know it Zharif will be breaking hearts with his dashing good looks - Oh NO, Aish...no breaking girls' hearts...Ateh does not like that AT ALL! I hope all of us will be blessed with love and happiness because at the end of the day that's all that matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment