Thursday, October 28, 2010

Oh, Malaysia

Do you still remember this song? We sang it during assembly in primary school.
On the shore beyond the tropical sea, you will stand to welcome me. On the shore beneath the sky so blue, all my dreams at last will come true...
When we were in SKSJ (the best primary school ever!), we sang this song every Monday during assembly. Since we're doing a chapter on Happy to be Malaysians I decided to introduce this song to my 1 Harmoni students. Although this is the last class, and many people simply give up on them, I honestly find them really cute. They are easily excited and never fail to amuse me with their funny responses and facial expressions. At the end of the class I usually lose my voice but they make me smile and laugh. They also appreciate me very much and they are easy to 'threat'. I just give a bit of warning and they will keep quiet, but unfortunately not for long. So that explains why I lose my voice every time after class. Soleha, if you still remember, belongs to this class.
I was really pleased with their response to this song. I came up with a singing competition between two groups and they were very enthusiastic to win the so called competition. For the interest they show and effort they put in, I usually buy them gifts and give them rewards. I can't expect them to be excellent, they are far from even passing the exams, but I hope their interest in learning improves and insyaAllah slowly this will help in their learning. Good job, boys and girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment