Thursday, October 28, 2010

Giuliana & Bill

As bimboish as this may sound, I must admit that I love watching E! I could do reruns of Kardashians and not get bored of it but what I love most is watching my favourite couple – Giuliana & Bill. To me they represent the real life modern couple. Unlike many others who either look contrived by scripts or totally outrageous, they are believable and I could buy their drama. Just the right amount to make it a TV material show but not too much that it loses its essence of capturing the sweetness of a relationship.
Tonight’s episode was especially important as both of them were trying to get pregnant. I love it when they say they’re trying to get pregnant, instead of she’s trying to get pregnant. Although we all know that scientifically pregnancy is a ‘collaborative’ effort of man and woman, our Asian society always believe that the women are to blame for infertility. In their case, Giuliana was the one with problem but Bill’s commitment in the relationship was so apparent when he stood by her throughout all the procedures, held her close, always encouraging and so full of love. Okay, call me a hopeless romantic but this is exactly what I hope for in a relationship. Someone who is in it for the long run, who’ll be there until the end.
While Bill is constantly busy and focused, Giuliana is funny and sweet. They complement each other so well. Both have their shortcomings, but as Mama said, a marriage works when you can accept your partner’s weaknesses and live with that. Oh, no. DO NOT EXPECT PEOPLE TO CHANGE – it’ll take a miracle. Even though I’m no expert in relationship but a bit of experience and a lot of observation has taught me that, if your man ain’t the sort who’d wash his dishes after he’s done eating, do not waste your energy making him. But on very rare occasions and when the maid isn’t around Bapak would kindly put his dishes in the sink and even wash them. I usually watch this in awe and value each time he does that. HAHA.
Anyhoots, some of the sweetest and real things I learnt when watching this hit reality TV about the best celebrity couple are:
- we’re in this together
- I will not decide until Bill and I are on the same page on this matter: very important to have mutual understanding on issues and address them quickly. No digging up the past later! (my humble, 2 cents worth opinion)
- I will love you, thin, fat, long hair, short hair! *smooch* - awww…
- we’re doing what’s best for the family. What’s best for our future baby
Even in such western setting, many of their values and ways are so much like us. I always believe in taking the good and leaving the bad, hence, take the good things and adapt it to your relationship. As Muslims, never forget to ask the Almighty’s guidance and blessings and submit to Him. I pray that someday I will end up with the most suitable man for me. Hey, I’m 25! I am supposed to at least be thinking of these things right?

No comments:

Post a Comment