Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Second day of school

On the second day of school my true love sent to me...nothing...haha. I am now in Chenor. Thanks to mama and bapak who named me AIDA, I will remain the teacher in charge for every first week of school until there's an Adibah, or Aalia or any Ab - Ah female teacher whose name precedes me. My partner is the ever so reliable Encik Abd Rashid. I started working with him last year and also partnered with him for the first ever school trip I organised last year. Drama of the day, two students did not get up from bed because of fever. Both Suhaili and I had to go up to the dorm and woke them up. We told them to get dressed and after the assembly I brought them to the clinic. I couldn't wait very long as my Form Five classes was about to start and I hadn't photocopied the exercise I prepared the night before. The life as a teacher and warden, what more could I say. This year I am given the responsibility to handle two examination classes - Form 3 Bestari and Form 5 Bestari. Both these classes are first classes so the pressure is definitely on as they are the ones who are expected to perform for the coming examination. So from the beginning of the year I've geared them towards examination and I really will push them to work hard so they will succeed. InsyaAllah. However, not all is rosy and beautiful in any career, I also have to teach 2 Neptune which is the last set for English class. The majority will be my fun students from 1 Harmoni last year, but because some students from 1 Aspirasi will be joining the class as they did not do well for the year end examination last year, the harmonious ambiance will be disrupted. So I'm going to put on a fierce front tomorrow. This acting is crucial to maintain control and stability in class for the rest of the year. First two period tomorrow, what the tutttt....okay, I'll write more when I have more time, now it's time for lesson planning!

No comments:

Post a Comment