Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Call me GRANDMA

Call me grandma, because one of my students is a pregnant teenager at 15. This is no Hollywood Juno where pregnancy in school could be accepted or even glamorized. Even in an urban school parents hide their kid away if such thing were to happen (God forbid!), what more in a rural school such as this! This place is too public for me to tell the unpleasant details. Honestly, having taught her for a few months when she was in form one, was enough for me to conclude that given her difficult life - parents divorce, mother remarried, she's living with her sister, she was quite smart! She could understand lesson well but such an unfortunate tragedy befell her. Based on the story, she was clearly a victim. I plead to parents everywhere, a child is a gift, a responsibility and a blessing. You are so lucky to be given a child, so don't waste their life even though you have failed yours. I respect parents who are either divorced or parenting alone, but are taking care of their children very well and attending to their physical, mental and spiritual needs. Don't make divorce as not an excuse to screw up your children's life. O, Allah please protect the future generation, including my future children (insyaAllah I will have them), from the evils of the world. Amin...

No comments:

Post a Comment