Thursday, January 20, 2011

%$^&%*^%##$#!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How does one erase a picture of dancing roaches in one's head? Right now I have them in all shapes and sizes orchestrating a performance! DAMN!!! You may be wondering why I am talking about this. So here's the story. One fine Thursday morning, as usual I would go to the canteen during my free period for breakfast. The selection was limited, nothing new. Hence I settled for the fried beehoon and ordered a glass of hot teh tarik. I later joined my colleagues and started eating the beehoon, sipping the teh tarik after a few spoons of beehoon. While savouring the almost tasteless beehoon I felt something hard in my mouth, mixed with that beehoon I already had in my mouth. Wondering what that was I slowly took it out of my mouth. To my dismay and utter disbelief I saw what seemed to me like a cockroach egg, and that came out of my mouth. WT....tutttt....YUCK! That thing was inside my mouth. I spat out everything, the left over beehoon looked extremely disgusting to me. For a few seconds I froze before my mouth uttered a few words to my colleagues, asking for confirmation, if they thought what I thought. Everyone stopped eating. I went straight to the sink and rinsed my mouth several times. In my head I couldn't seem to erase the picture from that movie, "Joe's Apartment". EEEWWW!!!! I went to see the cashier who was the daughter of the canteen operator. I didn't mean to offend her or cause any huge problem, just meant to enlighten her about it. I mean, it's a huge deal, that thing was already in my mouth! For crying out loud, I could have swallowed it! Her response left me filled with anger. That woman, dared said it was 'rempah ratus'! I am no gourmet chef but I do know how to differentiate rempah ratus and roach's egg! The worst part was she didn't even apologise. Whatever it was, the first word she should have said was supposed to SORRY! I refused to pay for the food and seriously lost my appetite for the entire day. ARGHHH!!! I've reported this to the school canteen committee, I am exercising my right as a customer, and dear woman, I could have done worse and you may be losing this tender altogether. So don't give me that attitude! Meanwhile, I am not stepping into that canteen. Shortly after that I went home, brushed my teeth and gurgled Plax 3 times!!!

2 comments:

  1. Wincing while reading your post! EWW!! Being a person with weak stomach, I'd probably throw up terus! Ish.

    I'm glad you brought up the matter to the relevant people. If they're not willing to jaga quality & cleanliness, they don't deserve tender tu. *shuddering at the thought of roaches*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Em, berat mata u membaca berat lagi i yg memikul sakit hati and disgusted feeling tu! HAHA...For the time being I will go to school with a lunch box. That will do my wallet good too...huhu

    ReplyDelete