Thursday, November 4, 2010

Putting sense into Money and Cents


Yesterday’s episode of Giuliana and Bill enlightened me about my area of weakness: budgeting. I could relate to Giuliana when she tried to justify her leather jacket and I-pad casing. I could come up with various ways to rationale an expensive but definitely good meal, as in really good meal. I could also make believe that the facial retreat was a necessity especially after working so hard and the next material for some wedding I’ll be attending will come in handy in the future. That’s it sweetheart! NO MORE visit to Jakel or Gulatis. You have enough clothes already. Hmm, but I do need some casual wear. Parkson? Isetan? OMG! There I go again, distracted and tempted into buying something for myself. Okay, before you start imagining the worst, I must tell you that I DO NOT own any designer’s items – no Coach, LV or Chanel. I’m just currently using a Sachs handbag and I got it for quite a good bargain. As for skincare and make-up, they are all from the pharmacy shelves, not from any counter. So, I am NOT high maintenance. I for one, only shop during sale or promotions. I also could refrain myself from following the trend, because I always see myself as a step behind the rest. People are using smart phones but I’m still using my humble and reliable Sony Ericsson Cybershot with its shy 3.5 megapixel camera. I do have a monthly financial planning, I’m just not doing what my dad told me to do – save more than you spend, that will need some working on. When I get my backdated pay next month InsyaAllah, and marking pay sometime next year, InsyaAllah, I intend to do careful and intelligent planning so I don’t end up going what the heck happened to those kachings?! Anyhoots, most importantly I definitely will take into account travel and living budget – my NYC trip next year (pls3, happen!) as well as, hanging out with girl friends. If I do get lucky, I might, even by the slightest impossible chance get proposed, 11.11.11 sounds good right? Hahaha…it’s too impossible, I’m going to set a more realistic goal. 10.11.12? Nice date too, huh? So I’ve got to think about that too. HAHAHA. Big fat impossible laugh! Tough luck, love…very tough luck! I was just kidding. It will happen when it happens. Most importantly, I’ve got to be thinking about buying a house. That will not be easy and certainly will take a long time but saving today will come a long way in making that dream of owning my own property come true. So, now do I sound a tad smarter? Last but not least – it’s not how much you earn, it’s how much you save. So, Aida! Save for the rainy day, PRONTO!

No comments:

Post a Comment