Tuesday, September 28, 2010

The definition defines...


Definitions taken from: http://dictionary.cambridge.org/

love verb ( LIKE SOMEONE ) /lʌv/ [T]
to like another adult very much and be romantically and sexually attracted to them, or to have strong feelings of liking a friend or person in your family
I love you.
Last night he told me he loved me.
I've only ever loved one man.
I'm sure he loves his kids.
(Definition of love verb (LIKE SOMEONE) from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

love noun ( LIKE SOMEONE ) /lʌv/
• [U] the feeling of liking another adult very much and being romantically and sexually attracted to them, or strong feelings of liking a friend or person in your family
"I've been seeing him over a year now." "Is it love?"
Children need to be shown lots of love.
"I'm seeing Laura next week." "Oh, please give her my love" (= tell her I am thinking about her with affection).
informal How's your love life (= your romantic and/or sexual relationships) these days?
• [C] a person that you love and feel attracted to
He was the love of my life.
She was my first love.
• [as form of address] UK informal used as a friendly form of address
You look tired, love.
That'll be four pounds exactly, love.
• [U] informal (also love from , also all my love) used before your name at the end of letters, cards etc. to friends or family
See you at Christmas. Love, Kate.
be in love
to love someone in a romantic and sexual way
I'm in love for the first time and it's wonderful.
They're still madly in love (with each other).
fall in love (with sb)
to start to love someone romantically and sexually
I was 20 when I first fell in love.
(Definition of love noun (LIKE SOMEONE) from the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary)

LOVE is a Noun and a Verb...put two and two together to make it whole. Okay, this is cheesy...haha, the book sales person just asked, "Bile cikgu ni nak kawen? Kalau u nak kawen tapi bf taknak kawen, pon tak boleh jugak..."
Me...silent, polite smile..."apsal tgk i lama2? hmm, kalau ade bf..." - my internal monologue...

No comments:

Post a Comment