Wednesday, September 1, 2010

A time to RefLecT

Alhamdulillah, it's approaching end of Ramadhan and in about 10 days we'll be celebrating Aidilfitri. This year my family will be celebrating Raya at home with all our extended family (a large one) coming to celebrate this auspicious event together. I'm truly blessed with a large network of family members and I am always glad to see them especially on such a big day like this. What moved me to include this in my posting today was what I witnessed this morning. Puan Zainon, a senior colleague of mine lost her husband this year. I caught her drown in what seemed like a very emotional space and I didn't even realise she was teary at the time. When I asked her, a teardrop rolled down her cheek and I realised I may have invaded her personal space. I felt guilty for asking but it was an honest mistake. I was so moved at that moment I started to reflect on my family and how grateful I am that I still have my parents. Even the sheer attempt to empathize with my colleague and her children would definitely make me emotional as well. This will be their first Raya without their father, and that must be devastating. Earlier this year also, we lost a very dedicated and gentle colleague, Puan Nazilah. Her struggles with a blood related disease came to an end after hours of battling for her life in the ICU. Her children are still young and small and it must be really sad for the whole family celebrating Raya without their dearest mother. Al-Fatihah to the deceased and all my best wishes for the whole family. May they stay strong throughout this difficult period.

No comments:

Post a Comment