Sunday, December 12, 2010

A wedding and a bridal shower












I just have to dish this now even though I do not have many pictures with me right now as they were all taken using my friend's camera. My weekend this time was something I'd remember for a very long time as it was the first bridal shower I've ever attended. Good job, party planners Fad and Jun! :) Prior to this awesome bridal shower which I shall elaborate later, I actually drove all the way to Jengka 2 with my sister to my best friend's wedding. Suhaili, whose picture can be seen when you view my blogspot profile became a wife to Nazran, her boyfriend of about 5 years (I think) and fiance of about 8 months (if I'm not mistaken) on Friday, 10.12.10. Their reception was held as Suhaili's house yesterday from 11.30 a.m. to 4 p.m. The weather was good and the journey was smooth, Alhamdulillah I did not get lost - this is very rare! She wore yellowish gold dress and the theme was cream, brown and gold. They both looked good. It was a simple nonetheless auspicious event. I am happy for you and I wish you all the best :) Alia had to drive back from Pahang to KL because I was so sleepy and was reserving some energy for the night event!
I arrived at 3.30 p.m. I rested a bit and started packing my stuffs to be part of Shaela's bridal shower. This one's the first. Among us, Maryam was the first to get married but her sudden "Guys, I'm getting hitched next week!" announcement obviously did not permit us to plan anything for her! So, since we have ample time before Shaela is no longer available for us...we decided to throw her a simple, sweet and definitely memorable bridal shower *hugs*. Marriage is another milestone for her. A journey, a noble one to be specific. Hence, it's definitely important to enjoy the last bit of your singlehood with people who matter :) Proud to be one those who matter, Shaela.
After packing my clothes, make up and strawberry pudding I managed to prepare the night before (Thank God, it's finished!), I made my way to KLCC by LRT and met my lovely friends there. We had something to eat at Signature and went on foot to The Ascott Kuala Lumpur, which was the venue of our Bridal Shower - all credit goes to Fadilla for such a beautiful venue!
When I got there the serviced apartment unit was already nicely decorated with 'Shaela Bride To Be' banner and pink and black balloons plus another one in lilac which had 'Bridal Shower' printed on it. We each had a T-shirt specially printed with 'Bridesmaid' on the chest and Shaela's was 'Bride' :) Super Sweet, ok!
We played games, ate to-die-for lasagna and danced to several upbeat tunes. Teacher was not so like a teacher this time. But this was a private party...So, what?HAHA! We put on make-up, played dress-up and chatted for a few hours before one-by-one dozed off as we were all exhausted. In short, the party was simple, intimate and fun! We had like close to 350 pictures taken.
The party was then wrapped up the next morning with a little picnic and toasting session at the poolside, over looking excellent KL view and more pictures taken. We had laughter and tears of joy plus lots of love.
To Shaela...
I don't have much past history or memories to share and talk about when it comes to you. Our friendship somewhat blossomed in the past recent years, all thanks to Fad...and I am definitely grateful for the present. Just like I said during the toast, the present (mase tu) at The Ascott. As for the future, I'd just like to give a bit of advice based on my observations and reading...because experience in marriage, I have none. Dear Shael, we're never ready for anything come to think about it. Things just happen when the time comes. Sometimes we can't be too prepared because life is full of surprises and that is what that makes it all so beautiful. Be patient and lead life with lotssa doa, for there're bound to be challenges, obstacles and the not-so-beautiful moments. For the beautiful ones, cherish them, live them and love them. Congrats, Shaela & Jab (bukan nama sebenar) HAHAHAHA :D

For those who keep asking me: Aida bile lagi?
Aida doesn't know!!! But it helps if you could pray for Aida instead of just asking :) TQ....

By the way, recent revelation. I shall not be pressured by numbers. Marriage comes when it comes, it doesn't come like a package with the age 25, 26 or even 27! HAHAHA...But I sure do hope that it WILL happen for me because I know I want to do it for the right reasons with the right person. Amin...

No comments:

Post a Comment