Friday, August 20, 2010

A Walk Down Memory Lane






When I look at students in school, I can’t help but recollect my memories in school. I enjoyed my schooling years however I must admit that not everything about it was beautiful. There were times I hated school and there were times I enjoyed it so much, I couldn’t wait for the next day of school. Come to think about it, the reason why school was so much fun was because of FRIENDS! What’s life without them, right? I consider myself very lucky because I still manage to stay in touch with some of them. So, for today’s entry I shall talk about each and every one of them and the story of how we became friends and what kept our friendship strong till today

Faridah Hanim bt. Ramli
She’s first on the list because we started as close friends since we were in standard 4. Faridah and I became friends because we were classmates in standard 5. Plus, since her house was near our school I always stayed back at her house to go to extra co-curricular activities, sports practice or tuition class. Although our friendship was tested with some misunderstandings, we persevered. Now Faridah is already engaged and also working – I know you hate your job but there will be a change of luck. Best wishes to you sweetheart! Faridah is a lioness hidden behind an angelic demeanour. This is not a bad thing at all as she possesses power behind her softness. She asserts firmness in subtlety but effectively. She is so good with make-up she’s officially my make-up artiste on my engagement. I really hope that everything in her life turns out terrific because she’s such a great human being inside.

Jihan Tan
In primary school we started as friends because of Computer Club. Jihan and I were partners, sharing a desktop to complete the task of the day. She’s always been this enthusiastic, cheerful and full of life person who makes your day wonderful with her laughter. We actually only started becoming very close in SMSJ because we were classmates for a year in Form 3. Hands down, 3 Adil rocks!!! Despite the noisy boys, I had a blast in this class mostly because of Jihan. She helped me a lot in Math- the subject I sucked at, BIG TIME! And she motivated me so much and made me super hardworking because she’s so smart and I felt like I have to buck up to stay at par with her. Still I was nowhere near. When she left for MRSM in Form 4, I was pretty down. But hey, that was just a test of true friendship. Now we are stronger than ever before, especially after some difficult times we both went through. Jihan is now a doctor working in Sheffield, doing what she does best – making people’s lives better!

Fadilla Karim
My successful business-woman friend. Yes, this is who she is now. Confident, strong and making lots of cash. Kudos to you Fad! I could not have been more proud, to see you soar so great after just a hiccup in your life. What happened may have seemed like a disaster but what does not kill you, really does make you stronger. We both knew each other in primary school, but only in Form 3 did we become very close friends. Fadilla or better known as Fad, was also one of my wonderful classmates in 3 Adil. She has such a bubbly personality you just can’t help but LOVE her. She makes things happen and would go to great lengths to make her friends happy. One of the memories of school was when she treated me and a few of our friends on my birthday. Even though we just went to a cake house in SS14 and had a very simple celebration there, clad with our sweaty school uniforms, we had so much fun. Thank you so much for everything. I *heart* You…

Nurul Emelda Hakimin
Emelda knew the art of applying mascara at the tender age of 14 when I had not even own one. Despite the not-so-good reputation she had in school, simply because kids can be cruel, she’s a real good friend. She’s been with me throughout the difficult periods in my life and I really am grateful for that. We started became friends at 13, because she was friends with Naelah and I sort of suddenly became their friend. Emelda was the reason why I improved my English so much as we conversed mostly in English. This was due to her childhood education which was mostly in the UK. She just got used to speaking English and since I started being friends with her I somewhat picked that up. Wouldn’t say I’m good, but I would say that it helped a lot. Our friendship was not a bed of roses all the way, however due to that very reason our friendship became stronger than ever before. Emelda has grown tremendously inside. She’s now matured and gorgeous. She just has this air of confidence about her. I hope she will overcome any problems that may come or the ones she is going through and become very successful in the future.


*Those are some of the pictures of me and my great friends. The ones in school uniforms were single-handedly handpicked by me as they are the only ones permitted for public view.

2 comments:

  1. I stumbled on your blog! And there's me in it! *terharu*

    There's no one-way or rules to friendship. Each one is a lil different from the other..but what truly counts, is the friendship itself. And you're right, ours isn't a bed of roses at all.. Hehe. But again, what counts, is the friendship that we still have.. :)

    I'm blessed to have a friend like you. Thank you for being part of my cherishable memories of school. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i pun terharu that u terharu...u're a story to tell of my teen years...jadi of course u're included in any story abt zmn persekolahan.
    wish u all the best Em! btw, i wanna invite u to my bro's wddg...i'm so busy now and i tak sempat nak hantar kad kat u. will text u real soon. very sorry, so busy lately

    ReplyDelete