Friday, August 13, 2010

Marital Status Matters

I write this with much annoyance and regret. (LOL). Is it because I’m single? Or is it because I’m envious of my either involved in a relationship or engaged friends? Well, maybe a little. Truth is, in this profession or maybe at least in the school I’m teaching now this issue determines how much work you’ll end up doing especially when it comes to after school activities or school activities during holidays. So far due to my marital status, I’m being listed on every single activity which robs me off my much needed weekend. To top it up, I’m currently the warden therefore on every other weekend I’ll have to be in school babysitting my girls. It hinders me from enjoying my time with friends either in my hometown or with my friends here in Pahang. The same question again and again and again would always revolve around the issue of my being free from any commitments. News flash, I’ve got a life! What pisses me off even more is the fact that a new teacher who got posted early this year, is always using the same excuses of how busy she is preparing for engagement and what have you and also keep telling the world when she’ll be married and how she can’t be available at all times because her mom isn’t well. There were many times when she simply packed her bag and left school at 12.15 first thing on Friday. This may sound like a b**c*ing session but it really isn’t. It’s all about how unfair things can be and how you can be considered lesser for being single. Anyways, since I consider myself still young and yes I do hope that my Mr. Right will appear or rather realise my existence, I still maintain my free-spirited self and graciously accept whatever task given by senior teachers here. There were times I wish I was married or engaged, at least I could have a life and rest a bit from the demands of both being a teacher and the warden. At least with the official marriage certificate I could apply for a transfer easier as I have a valid reason. For now, I am considered free from any commitments which supposedly allow me to be in school around the clock. Tick-tock-tick, sometimes I have to stay at the hospital up to 2.30 a.m. Perhaps this is Allah’s way of testing me…of granting me forgiveness for my wrongdoings…of awarding me the virtue of patience and strong-will that I always pray for. After all, you don’t simply get what you wish for but rather Allah gives you the opportunity to attain your wish. Yes, you’re going to have to work your way towards it. Hence,at the end of the day, I’ll say, ok…ok…I’ll do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment