Sunday, August 15, 2010

1 year working anniversary, still not rich :p






Dear readers, this time I’m going to make a few changes to my postings. First thing first, sorry for the angry entry but I felt that I needed to write that to let out my frustrations on some issues and obviously someone. It goes to show just how human I am and sometimes I can’t take unfair treatments. Secondly, I will take Fadilla’s advice and insert pictures in this blog. It’s not that I didn’t want to, but I just didn’t have the time to do all the selecting and uploading and mostly it’s because all my pictures could be easily found on facebook. It’s more convenient. Moving along, this entry is actually a tribute. It’s a tribute to all the people who have been with me throughout my journey from my final semester as a practicum teacher all the way to my posting in Chenor. It’s my way of celebrating my 1 year milestone as a teacher and I have all these wonderful people to thank for making my life colourful. It’s definitely a mixture of warm and bright colours as well as dark and dull ones. Oh, well! That’s what life is, isn’t it? They are my caring and supportive family members; from my 86 year old grandma to my 5 months and a half nephew who could only drool and laugh! Thanks all, you guys have been my pillar of strength from day one until now and insyaAllah for as long as I live. Next up, my positive and great friends; whether you guys are in Subang, Pahang, Johor or even Sarawak and not to forget Sheffield, even your slightest thoughts and prayers and especially your comfy shoulders to cry on and open arms have been my saviour and the reason why I continue on this journey with my head held high. I can only pray for good things for each and every one of you in everything you do and every journey you are about to embark on (hint: to those lucky ones who’ll be married!) I would also like to extend my most heartfelt appreciation to my lecturers both in IPGMTI and UPM for all their teachings and advice. We would not have made it without all of you. I must also thank Pn. Ho Yatt Chin, my mentor in SMKSR who inspired me to be a dedicated and motivated teacher. Somehow, I was sent to the same school she was sent for her posting. Perhaps I would also be ‘Guru Cemerlang’, like her! InsyaAllah. Thank you everyone. You are amazing people!
July 13th 2010 marked my first year anniversary as a real teacher. I have learnt a lot ever since I became a teacher. It has taught me to become a better person, and it has also made me want to become a good parent to my children in the future. It makes me realise how love, attention, dedication and patience are so important in nurturing a child. It has made me realised that neglecting a child is the first step to send them into a miserable life. Besides making me better inside, being here in a rural school and a whole new surrounding have also made me so much stronger and independent. It’s like when you’re thrown into the wild you just have to survive, you don’t have a choice. Being here also has made me appreciate my family in a magnitude that I’ve never experienced. Although I have been away from home, but I was in JB then, and that kind of surrounding was no alien to me. But here, I feel that everything is different. Reminiscing the first day I stepped here, makes me smile now. How I’ve grown since that day. That was the second time or perhaps the third I saw my mother cried. Her words were, “Tengok-tengokkan lah Aida ni, dia tak pernah duduk tempat macam ni,”. My mother, she had doubts I would survive. Look! I’m okay! In addition, I wouldn’t have started driving if I wasn’t sent here, a place where I need a car or any mode of transportation to get to the nearest bank! It’s about 30 minutes drive from here. To tell you the truth, it’s really not that bad. Especially when you get an abundance of local fruits during their season, and the fresh air you inhale and the simple life you learn to adapt to. It’s totally, and 110% different from what I’m normally used to. To top it up, the people here are nice and they treat me nice and try as much as possible to make my life here comfortable and happy, knowing that I’m far from home and I may be missing my family and home. Lastly, the values in this school as in how they hold Islamic way of life and values close to them bring me back to my roots as Muslim and made me realised I have not been a very good Muslim and I should work on improving myself. This whole place and people, bring me back down to earth. It teaches me to be so grateful of everything I have. When around me I see some children who are not quite fortunate but still manage to smile and show such gratification to the slightest act of kindness from others just amaze me. There’s a reason behind everything, and I’m slowly seeing a reason behind this. For start, I now know there’s a place called Chenor in Pahang. I would like to wrap up my very long entry today with a special thanks to teachers and friends here in Chenor who have helped me in numerous ways and finally I’d like to thank my students for giving a sense of understanding of what teaching means. I’m not quite there yet, but I’m learning and trying.

No comments:

Post a Comment