Friday, May 15, 2009

sorry, haven't been writing

this blog was supposed to be filled with my experience as a beginner teacher. however, due to exhaustion and endless amount of work, i have been neglecting this blog. so sorry...anyways, here i am after 12 weeks of school filled with excitement, disappointments, torture all the elements of bitter-sweet memories. I've survived 9 evaluations with my mentor and seven with my lecturers. I've yelled at a student who refused to do my activity which resulted in him leaving the class right after, I've blown up quite a temper at the class for their lackadaisical attitude with my homework, I've also given a silent treatment to them for the very same reason (teenagers - they never seem to learn), I've had some personal issues with my ex (ok, i'll stop here because this is all about teaching) and I've learnt to truly understand what a love-hate relationship with students meant. Kindda like faizal tahir's song 'bencinta' - hope I got the spelling right. Today, as a final gift i relieved a teacher for the last class of form five. The GSTT teacher (Kak Liza), wished me luck before I entered the class. Apparently, 4 students didn't want to sit for the exam at all, not even take the exam paper and writing their own names. After that one of them decided to take one and only answered the objective part which he did without even reading the questions as he blindly blacken the answer sheet. That's how sad it is. Oh, before I forget a student actually didn't know what his IC number was. Hmm, the exam paper was filled with irrelevant answers or not answered at all. How's that for our future generation? This my friend, is the reality...

No comments:

Post a Comment